Aurora Borealis Presents: Portage Bay Big Band!
The Portage Bay Big Band is an authentic musical tribute to the legends of the Swing Era, as well as a Rocking Brian Setzer tribute band featuring guitar and vocal great, Lyle Ronglien.
“Playin’ the hits of the 30’s and 40’s”: The Portage Bay Big Band, led by Todd Nordling, is an 18-piece big band playing hits from Popular Big Band, Swing, and Jazz Musicians like Glen Miller, Louis Prima, Dean Martin, Tommy Dorsey, Louis Jordan, Benny Goodman,
Les Brown, Harry James and Franks Sinatra.
Hannah Scott, PBBB’s featured singer, performs songs from the swing era by artists such as Ella Fitzgerald, June Christy, Helen Forrest, Doris Day, Peggy Lee, Natalie Cole and Diane Schuur.
PBBB masters the intricate details of some of the most famous hits of yesteryear and keeps crowds of dancers and spectators entertained with rich vocals, musicianship and performance.
With the addition of Lyle Ronglien, “Lyle Seltzer”, the band transforms into a BRIAN SETZER tribute band with the vocal and virtuoso guitar work of Lyle. Lyle’s guitar work and vocal duets with Hannah provide spectators and dancers an engaging and lively experience.
Lyle Seltzer and the PBBB:
Jump Jive and Wail, Rock this Town, Dirty Boogie, Sway, Stray Cat Strut, Caravan and Sleepwalk.
- 2019, PBBB recorded the soundtrack to the Lake Shasta Dam “California’s Empire Builder” tourist center movie.
- The house band since 2006 for local restaurateur Tom Douglas’ Swinging in the New Year at the Palace Ballroom.
- Two years as the house band for Drift On Inn Casino. The Drift On Inn was a true roadhouse cafe established in 1930, and once played host to Tommy Dorsey, Frank Sinatra and Bob Hope.
- Dances at the famous Avalon Ballroom.
- Showbox Theater Swinging Valentine’s Day Dance.
- Three years as the house band for the legendary Patty Summers’ Night Club.
- The official band for the 1930’s Kalakala ship when it was welcomed back to Seattle from Alaska, and the New Year Millennium dance on the ship in 2000.